Reopening the Museum
Welcome back to the Rural Life Living Museum
We hope that you have all stayed safe and well during the Corona Virus Pandemic. As lockdown eases we will be reopening the museum site and welcoming visitors back to the museum. In the coming days we will be releasing a limited number of pre bookable tickets to visit the site. Entry will only be with a pre-booked ticket only. Tickets will be released in batches from Monday 6th July.
Should you wish to visit, you will need to book a ticket here. In order to limit the number of people on site and to help with social distancing measures, the tickets will be for allocated time slots.
To make your visit to the museum as safe as possible in these unprecedented times we have set up a number of new measures.
- Please be aware, that we require face masks to be worn in all of our museum buildings.
- As mentioned above tickets must be pre-booked for timed entry here. Members will also need to book tickets for a slot and you will be asked to present your membership card on arrival alongside your ticket.
- Tickets are only valid for their specified date and time and entry will only be allowed at your given time period. Visitors will be allowed to enjoy the museum at their own pace until the site closes at 5pm.
- We have set up one way systems and are allowing limited numbers of people in specific buildings at once.
- Our newly built toilets will be in use.
- Our woodyard volunteers have just completed the new covered picnic area to allow comfortable socially distanced picnicking in inclement weather.
- For the time being we have had to put away the shared family activities but looking at ways in which we can reinstate them in a safe manner.
- The Old Kiln Cafe will be open running a take away service.
- We ask that you adhere to social distancing guidelines and keep a two metre gap between yourseleves and other visitors.
- If you wish to make any purchases on site, we ask you to use contactless credit/debit card where possible.